Monday, February 9, 2015

What do you repurpose?

What you're looking at is one bucket of snow (freshly picked this morning after the latest storm) and one bucket of water. But its actually a bucket of snow turned into water for indoor plants. This is not a classic example of repurposing but I like to think of it as a creative reuse of something that would otherwise go to waste. The snow had a possible future as a sculpture of some kind or a surface to sled on and I played with each of those over my many years living in the northeast. But until now, for whatever reason, I never thought to collect it, bring it inside, and melt it to keep my plants going thru the winter months. The rainbarrel outside does this duty over the warm months and I am very glad to have hit on this idea over the winter months too. What do you repurpose? Let me know and share in your comments so we can all get a little more creative with what is all around us every day.

6 comments:

  1. We give our clothes to others. So, for example, I packed up four huge bags of clothes from me, spouse, and kids to give to the battered women's shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helping others while you are repurposing is even better!

      Delete
  2. Plastic bags I use as trash liners for small trash cans, and for transporting food that might leak, and to store bundles of cables in for my computer systems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to reuse plastic bags rather than buy new ones.

      Delete
  3. Plastic bags I use as trash liners for small trash cans, and for transporting food that might leak, and to store bundles of cables in for my computer systems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa VanLandingham says she reused Baby food jars! Currently making homemade Eco/body friendly beauty products.

    ReplyDelete